The mission of the Vermont Film Commission is:
- To promote the State of Vermont as a location for film and television production.
- To facilitate the participation of local individuals and companies in such production.
- To encourage the development of the Vermont film and television industry.
The Vermont Film Commission assists and supports the producers’ needs from pre-production through post- production.
- Provides research information to the creative team.
- Acts as a liaison between production and government agencies and local communities.
- Provides location information and photographs either online, on disc or hard copies if needed.
- Assists in securing locations, accommodations, permits and permissions.
The VFC is committed to growing the local film and video industry in every way, recognizing the economic impact in job creation and the ensuing benefits to the State.
- Web site – regularly updated
- Support of the Vermont Filmmaker's Forum
- Sponsor of the annual Goldstone Award
- Photo files and location scouting
- Hotline with job opportunities database of locations, working crew and production resources
- Referrals and negotiations with businesses
- Negotiations with state, local and town governments
- Coordination with owners of private property
- Assistance with Green Mountain National Forest permits
- Support of local film festivals
- Clearinghouse for location production information
- Internship program
Website Created By:
Dashton Design: www.dashtondesign.com